Tiger Tail Cucumber --HELP

lawtchan

Reefing newb
Got a cleaning crew in my new 24 gallon NANO,

Put in the Tiger Tail Cucumber, and it looked fine, but now it has all these white stringy things coming out the end.

Is this how it feeds, or is it pushing out its internal organs, and if the latter is so, do I pull it out of the tank,

Thanks for the help

Something has stressed the cucumber. since your system is so small pull it out. cucumbers are very sensitive to new systems. if your system is new it will not support a cucumber. you need a mature seasoned sand bed for a cucumber to fair well. look and see if something is attacking it. This problem can happen if something is attacking the cucumber also. On the safe side remove it and take it back to your lfs. wait for at least 6 months before introducing a cucumber and then only a very small one. hope this helps.

i agree with jonh..sea cucumbers are hard to keep in aquariums..some aquarist recomend not to have them..cause they can contaminate a well establish aquarium. quote" if frightened, it might disgorge its interal organs into the tank, which may be toxic to fish. In the wild, these organs often regenerate, but rarely in an aquarium setting". i will recomend if you can trade it for other safe invertebrate or fish it will be better...good luck!!

I used to have a cucumber, and wouldn't do it again. They are more hassle than they are worth. In my opinion, there are plenty other cleaners that can do the same job as the cuke without the danger of poisoning your tank.

Got a cleaning crew in my new 24 gallon NANO,

Put in the Tiger Tail Cucumber, and it looked fine, but now it has all these white stringy things coming out the end.

Is this how it feeds, or is it pushing out its internal organs, and if the latter is so, do I pull it out of the tank,

Thanks for the help

i had a yellow cucimmber and it did the same thing and died :death::pooh:now i have a pink and green one and it is 1year old:mrgreen:

Back