Tigertail seahorses

Aquagrrl

Reefing newb
I thought I'd share a few pictures of my tigertail seahorses. They're my pride and joy right now even though I have a few species. They're having tons of babies at the moment, so that helps my affection. ;)

Attachments

• hippcampus-comes-male2.jpg
    hippcampus-comes-male2.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 718
  • hcomes2weekold.jpg
    hcomes2weekold.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 702
  • hcomesbabies3_5mo.jpg
    hcomesbabies3_5mo.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,012
  • hcomeskriesel5weekold.jpg
    hcomeskriesel5weekold.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 2,737
Awesome! According to your profile you're in New Berlin, which is where I'm at! My wife and I have been thinking about setting up a seahorse tank

Thanks everyone! I really like these guys and it took me a long time to get a healthy pair. I want to get another pair, but its tricky because they come in so small from the vendor, not much larger than what I'd consider fry.

Adults are around 5". The biggest fry I have are around 2 inches. They're small for their age (3.5 months, the 3rd picture) because they've been very fickle about switching to frozen.

Northstar, if you decide to get seahorses, I wouldn't consider H. comes as a first seahorse. They're somewhat touch. H. erectus is near bullet proof. I happen to have those too if you're looking for any. :)

Definitely would be H. Erectus if we do a seahorse tank - I'd set up a 60 gallon cube for them. I've taking the seahorse training course from the seahorse place in Hawaii (seahorses.org I think it is)

I just thought 'small world' when I found someone else in New Berlin!

Definitely would be H. Erectus if we do a seahorse tank - I'd set up a 60 gallon cube for them. I've taking the seahorse training course from the seahorse place in Hawaii (seahorses.org I think it is)

I just thought 'small world' when I found someone else in New Berlin!

Yup, another New Berliner. There are a few seahorse keepers in the area, though I haven't talked to most of them in a while. Are you a member of the Wisconsin Reef Society?

I have paid dues for the WRS, but most of the meetings are a fairly good distance from where I am so I haven't really been actively participating. The forum for WRS is where I found out about Best Fish - that alone is worth a few years of dues in my opinion

It's been several months since I posted, but I thought I'd share an update. The parents haven't been producing, much to my chagrin, but the babies they have produced are growing well. Some have even started to develop pouches!

The photos are of the same seahorses, I moved the biggest to a different tank with light colored hitching posts, and they decided to change lighten up.

Attachments

• tigertailsreadytogo.jpg
    tigertailsreadytogo.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 466
  • tigertail-babys-ready-to-go.jpg
    tigertail-babys-ready-to-go.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 465
  • tigertail-seahorse-color-change.jpg
    tigertail-seahorse-color-change.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 500
  • tigertails-moved.jpg
    tigertails-moved.jpg