Time for a new powerhead (or two)

Discussion in 'Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment' started by messiah023, Jun 11, 2009.

1. messiah023

messiah023

I am not thrilled with the (2) Koralia #1s in my 30g.
    These things are nice, but after about 6 months, the movement is minimal.

I am tossing around (3) options :

1.) Two Tunze Nanostream 6025s.
    2.) One Tunze Nanostream 6025 & one 6045.
    3.) One Vortech MP20w.

Does anyone have any suggestions or comments?

How much bigger than the Koralia pumps are teh Tunzes? I haven't seen them and their site only shows diameter's. I don't want to "overpower" the DT with giant powerheads.

Would one MP20w push enough water to not warrant anymore movement in the tank? I wouldn't have anything breaking the surface water since I'm sumpless. From what I read, the MP20w will give flow to the entire tankspace.

All Input Welcomed!
    [​IMG]

messiah023, Jun 11, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. messiah023

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

I'm sure the Vortech would take care of the flow.But I'd think that just having one powerhead would keep the flow too constant and less chaotic.
    I dont know about the Tunze.But something I do the always helps my Koralias regain power.
    When I clean them,I take them apart and let them soak in vinegar for about 30 minutes to dissolve any calcium carbonate that built up on the magnet and motor.

yote, Jun 11, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question