Tiny red bugs

Red bugs...do you have any acropora corals or sps's in your tank, cause that's usually where they come from.

So I suppose they are bad for corals?

I haven't add any corals into my tank for over a year now. I've also sold off all of my corals along with all of my fish that was in my DT back in June to prepare for the baby fish.

Maybe they were there all along and I've just notice notice them. They are super tiny. About 1/4-1/5 of the size of the copepods, which are already very tiny.

I was using a magnifying glass looking at the white dots on the glass and noticed that something red and even smaller nearby. Didn't even see it with naked eyes.

Last edited:
heh. My microscope is actually a cheapy one so called student scope or something that cost under $100. It's even good enough for me to inspect my phytoplankton culture.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5jOhKsWUcQ[/ame]

On the other hand, the eyepiece that capture the video costs an arm and a leg. :D

Last edited:
Did you ever ID this red bug of yours? I have a small red bug on my glass that I just now noticed. I did add some of those bottled red pods. I wonder if it's those. I figure if they are on the glass, they must be an algae eater.

Back