To all you haters out there, (acanthurus nigricauda)

well, I have the mirror up and i littered my tank with all kinds of weird stuff from the brita container, 3 spoons, floating orange crush, and a fish trap (been unsuccessful with the trap)

Im trying to put a bunch of random shit in there so it kinda weirds all the fish out and it will hopefully feel different enough to ease up on the aggression.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn7jSixpoic&feature=player_profilepage]YouTube - Introduction[/ame]

Good luck Alex I can't imagine that not giving enough distraction to shake up their world! Neat video and cool sound effects. Oh no, I just realized I may have too many tangs, I love'm.

Thanks everyone, haha even makes me laugh at how wacked out my tank looks right now. we will see how it goes, Im trying everything i can :/

Nice fish Alexander! I'm glad you got him. That cabbage is HUGE. You've had that coral for a really long time!

Thanks sarah... now that i got him lets just hope that i can keep him :grumble: Yeah that cabbage has been around for quite a while. large chunks are always falling off as it grows in the back of the tank. it grows crazy fast.

well a slight update for those of you that care to follow. My new fish is out and about today and it seems as if the bristletooth is becoming more passive. I still have the tank decorated like a damn fun house with all the junk and the mirror up but its a good sign that there is not TOO MUCH aggression. still may be a little. I fed the tank tonight and the new fish didn't eat. I hoped it would but didn't expect that to happen given high stress levels. it did perk up and move more when food was introduced so that is a good sign. hopefully i can get it eating some garlic soaked food sometime soon to help battle that cut up body it now has.

Althought things look like a damn disaster in there, you can definitely tell that my new tang is swimming (and close to the bristletooth) around the tank and seems to be doing much better. still not eating but hopefully soon. I may take the random crap out today, but not sure about the mirror that may remain up.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1FSM3YjqJM&feature=player_profilepage[/ame]

Cool, Alex :D Your tank is looking quite "natural" with the people trash LOL You just need a tire now.

I'm about to do the mirror trick on my tang. Hopefully I'll have the same results as you.

Thanks Sarah! My trigger is pretty awesome! wonton you should definitely try it if you need to divert attention. it works extremely well. It definitely no longer cares about my new tang. not sure how long i should leave it up. I want the new fish to be comfortable enough to hold its own just in case the bristletooth gets bored when i take the mirror away and feels it needs a new enemy

Lookin good glad he didnt get beat up to much.

I wonder why it wont eat? I have never had a fish that wouldnt eat right away I would probaby worry myself sick about it

Back