to glue or not to glue?

lurningboutreefs

Reefing newb
I have a few coral frags that have been blown around the aquarium. I am trying to keep my hands out of the aquarium as much as possible, but I keep having to pick 'em off the bottom and move them closer to the light.

Should I buy some glue at the LFS? They have glue and gel? I have never used any of this stuff. Is it OK for the tank? Should I buy glue or gel?

All help is appreciated.

I would go to a local store and just pick up some super glue gel. It'll be way cheaper then buying it at your LFS.

And use enough to get them to stay in one place but not so much that you can't pull them off their spots and move them if needed. Good luck!

Superglue gel from the hardware store, grocery store, or dollar store will be fine. No need to pay inflated LFS prices for "special" glue -- it's all the same! I like using the Loctite brand the best. The bottle it comes in is easier for me to use than the typical tubes that superglue comes in.

with Locktite, you can go to the automotive store, and buy really small tubes that work out to be single use. Just to get you cheaper.

Take the coral or rock out of the tank and glue it. If you must glue in tank, turn off the flow and be careful. If a glob of glue gets on the glass you may not be able to ever get it off.

Back