To Goby or not 2 Goby!

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
I have a Goby in my tank that is still cycling. I got it with my stuff. it is fine as can be with the Nitrates at 40 and the Nitrites about 20(I think) and nothing is dying in the tank.

Some call it luck I like to call it luck I guess, I am kidding but if all the snails, hermits, starfish, anemones and whatever else you can find are just dandy why can't I go get a few Gobs.

I thought I saw someone say you can't have 2 at a time, is that true.

I just don't feel nervous about a few cheap critters. No I won't be putting any fish of course like a $30 one until I am "Zero Man" but I am bored with not having at least a few new peeps roaming the tank.

I got Cheeto in the refugium. I saw people with it hanging off the side and thought if this is better or does it matter.

I can't tell if it grew in a week. Is it a real slow grower? I sweat it feels like plastic haha.

Doesn't it use Nitrates to grow because I have plenty for it it seems.

The gobies will fight, sorry, but only one per tank.

And you shouldnt decided to care about fish based on its price tag, a life is a life.

And i think you should go to a lfs and get your numbers checked, because they dont make sense.

I have a sand sifter and a clown goby and they don't fight at all I think they just can't look the same.

I think they are pretty hardy I got my first one after 3 weeks but I would still just get one at a time then wait a week to add another.

Sounds like you need to just be patient and let the tank cycle some more.

Do you have live rock?

No see you got me wrong. I wouldn't have anything in the tank right now kit didn't come with my package. I am just saying if it is just luck I don't want it to run out on an expensive fish.

I don't feel any better if it is $5 and not $30 so maybe if you got that from it you see it that way.

But I hear or read that on plenty of other post that are not mine and if someone doesn't care you are wasting your time telling them but I have to admit I have only read one post where the poster was a d head about killing fish.

Yes I have 80live and 80dry and it is 3 weeks into the cycle but my rock is from TBS and has has almost no cycle because I live local.

My situation is a little different than most in that my cycle is minimal. I was only worried when the dry starts to.become live it will cause issues but many people say no.

Well I am patient and not in a hurry at all just may seem that way.

I dont think you have anything to worry about with the dry rock becoming live (I am no expert). I used 100 pounds of dry rock and only 10 pounds live when i started my tank. I have seen no real problems. The tank is doing great and I am starting to see coralline algae showing up everywhere. My tank has only been up and running for a little over 2 months.

Yes I have 80live and 80dry and it is 3 weeks into the cycle but my rock is from TBS and has has almost no cycle because I live local.

My situation is a little different than most in that my cycle is minimal. I was only worried when the dry starts to.become live it will cause issues but many people say no.

Well I am patient and not in a hurry at all just may seem that way.

I didnt really have a cycle either I waited and waited and even put a piece of food in there to make the ammonia go up but nothing really happened. My first occupant was my diamond watchman goby and I love him he is so much fun to watch. Just make sure he cant jump out and your rocks dont shift.
I just got a midas blenny last weekend and it took a few days for it to come out but it sure is active and curious now its quickly becoming my favorite!

Back