To much flow for the fishies?

chaosfinity

Got Kalk?
I installed a Koralia 1 today i got for $25 at my LFS and the fish seem to be swimming kinda lopsided with there top fins towards the pump well actually just one of them is the other is swimming just fine its a 20 gallon and i dont have a sandstorm going on.

As long as your sand is still on the bottom,you DONT have to much flow.:D
My fish swim like that quiet often.

Agree wih Reef. I have a 1 in my tank and the flow is really not that strong. Your fish are just out of shape. That's all.

our fish like current. We are trying to mimick the ocean. They can handle it. the guideline is if the sand is blowing all to he!!, then it is too much

-Doc

I HAD almost 1200GPH running through my 30g tank. Thats like 36 times turnover per hour.

I turned off one powerhead and knocked it down to a dull roar now. Dropped 300GPH out of the system and now it's about 920GPH. Still 30x turnover per hour. The fish love it. It was my zoas and mushrooms that were screaming for mercy.:mrgreen: I moved stuff lower in the tank and sheltered them behind rocks and outcroppings. All is well.

Turn on the turbos--they love it.

I think some fish even like it, sometimes at my lfs is see em swimmimg in and out of the current, like its some kind of game...

my Moorish Idol does that. He jumps in and out of the powerhead current all day. The powder blue tang did the same thing. He LOVED current

-Doc

My ocellarous clown (Nemo) does it all day long--every day. If the lights are on--he's swimming in and out of the current. I have a Maxi-Jet 1200 with one of those rotating Hydor heads. It is stuck on one end of the tank and blows across to the other side of the tank as it twirls around. Nemo is in and out of the flow all day long. It is on a timer and shuts down between 10pm -- 7am. Nemo heads for the bottom and rests on top of a few snail shells. Soon as the lights come back on--he's swimmin' laps again. :sfish:

maybe. I still have tank envy. Mostly, I am bitter cuz I have had to pay a grand to fix my wife's car and can't buy FISHES

-Doc

Back