To split? Or not to split?

AdeptMrSniffles

I have a Blue Thumb
That is the question.

DSCN6120.jpg

Do I have a splitting mushroom? or should I take evasive action and do an Iodine dip?

if thats a hairy mushroom none of mine have ever looked like that

i never saw one split

are you sure something wasnt nipping at it????

I don't have lugols. I have Kent Marine Tech I Iodide though.

I'm not sure if something nipped it or not. I wouldn't put it past my female clown though. She might've hit it while I was placing into my tank, she always attacks my hand or w/e is in my hand.

No, the female clown is hosting my Duncan and I literally just looked up and witnessed the male clown diving into my frogspawn, hopefully he'll host it. The mushroom has been in the tank for 3 days. It was the part of my tank with the highest flow at first. I think that might've had an affect on it. :frustrat: I'd rather not loose this shroom because its so beautiful. Plus, I've never lost anything other than leathers so I'd like to keep the death ration down.

Yote may be right. And my hairy shrooms have never done that. Most splits happen from the base. Good luck

mine seem to like a higher flow
i reduced the flow on them and they started to shrink
i increased it and they are at full extension again

Well, I noticed the "tear" in it the other day and the water flow seemed to be bothering it. I don't know if I wanna know the answer but, I've noticed some brown matter coming out of the mouth, which doesn't seem to be there anymore, it split/tore directly through the mouth.

:pooh:
that is what the brown stuff is.

Corals eat and pooh through the same hole.

I wouldnt give up on it just yet. Mushrooms are very hardy and can get pretty much torn apart and still pull through.

I have my shroom in a medium indirect flow. The flow bounces off rocks and the glass. seems to like it.

Brian

JUST LEAVE IT ALONE!

If it's a tear, it'll just split and you'll have 2.

It certainly could be splitting. I've seen my hairy green mushrooms split like that many many many many many many times.

LEAVE IT ALONE!!! Don't soak it, you'll just f**k it up and piss it off. You could even kill it.

It'll be fine in 6 weeks.

Back