To those using Red Sea Coral Pro

HeavyHittah

LivingReefs is like home
I need you guys to help me feel better about getting some. I read a bunch of reviews from every where but I wanted to hear some current experiences. Of course Im a little worried about cyano but it seems like so many people are using it though. So anybody using it tell me what you think. Currently Im using instant ocean and I really don't like it. Salinity is my number one choice but right now just dont have the money for it. Also I feel my corals load doesn't measure up to the need for me to use it again. (used to buy it from my lfs before I started making my own)

I've used Red Sea Coral Pro. I've got nothing notable to say about it -- it's just one of the salts I have used on rotation along with several others, depending on what is on sale when I need salt. My favorite is still Oceanic. But I did not have any problems with Red Sea Coral Pro.

Hey biff, after that last post of mine I looked for Oceanic but no one sells it locally. We don't have a petco. Just pet smart.

I usually ordered it online. Drs. F&S has flat rate shipping for orders over a certain weight (or at least they used to), so it ended up being cheaper than salts at the chain pet stores.

I was going to have a group buy locally for ppl wanting to buy red sea coral pro but a new lfs opened and got it $4 cheaper any where else. Paid $52 for the 175g bucket.

I tried a few buckets of Red Sea Coral Pro but I didn't like it because the high calcium and alk levels threw off my dosing schedule. I'm back to using plain old Instant Ocean or regular Red Sea.

Back