toad stool??? need help

imdaring

love my reef
OK I was having problems with my water testing I went to the LFS and did a RO water change 5 gal a day for 3 days water is clear again every thing looks great in the tank.. BUT MY TOADSTOOL IS LOOKING BAD!! it started by having spots on it then now today it is leaning over whats wrong should I put it in the hospital tank :question:I'm going to test my water again today and see where I am

Todays PPM
nitrite 0
nitrite 20
ammonia 0
PH 0
KH off chart ??
Calcium 520 :bounce:
Phoshate 1.0

so whats up with the toadstool

lights are new 5T 130 total day lights 130 toal Actinic so a toal of 260wts
fater flow I have 2 swivel powerheads one on each side a no moving power head in the center of the tank and the spout for the sump return and I also have a double bio wheel feeding water back into the tank

Todays PPM
nitrite 0
nitrite 20
ammonia 0
PH 0
KH off chart ??
Calcium 520 :bounce:
Phoshate 1.0

so whats up with the toadstool

is it the nitrite or nitrate that is 20. i am not shure if it is nitrate that is 20 you have good lights it could be that you alk is to high

Toadstools are pretty hardy corals. My guess is that it's stressed from the water quality issues. Although water changes are the best thing to do when you are having a water problem, the water changes themselves can be stressful to the animals also.

I would not move it to the quarantine tank just yet. Your water parameters from today are looking good (much better than before). Because toadstools are usually pretty resilient to stuff, I'd wait it out and see if it gets better over the next several days.

What do the spots look like? Does it look like the flesh is dead or rotting? If so, you can cut out the dead/dying areas with a razor blade so that only healthy flesh is left.

Toadstools are a type of leather, and leathers periodically shed their outermost layer. During this time, they tend to wilt and look unhealthy, and crap starts coming off of them. This is normal though. Are you sure it's not just shedding?

If it's shedding, it helps to have a little bit of flow on it to blow the crap off. Or you can gently blast it with a turkey baster to help it along.

Back