toadstool fraging

emmett0122

Reef enthusiast
i got this guy yesterday and as you can see in the pic it has a branch coming off the main stock i was wondering (not anytime soon) can i cut that branch off to make a second toadstool or will that hurt it
1101131709.jpg

You can cut it off then hold the stock of the new cutting to a rock with a rubber band just tight enough to hold it in place. That's all there is to fragging a leather.

cool thanks for the input how long should i give it before i frag it sense i just got it yesterday it was mail order and not a local pick up

I would give it a couple weeks at least let it settle in. Who knows you may find you like it like that and let it grow out.

its not that i dont like it but if someone want a toadstool then i can frag it was just wondering cuz most of the ones i see fragging cut pieces off the disk so i wasnt sure about cutting on the stock but tanks again for the input

A few years back I had a toadstool that had decided to lay down on the LR and was growing across the rock. I took the rock out of the water and cut down the length of it and then across it making about twenty 1/2" squares of toadstool. I had quite the forest till they were large enough to sell.

if it does it does i dont care just want to learn how to frag and gett good at it so i can either trade or sell them to make money to back in to my hobby cuz i want a bigger tank lol

Leathers are a good place to learn how to frag. They are so forgiving.
Sps are easy too I frag mine on accident all the time.

Back