Toadstool Issues

Tetra1

Reefing newb
I really don't know where to start. My toadstool was doing fantastic for about two months then all of a sudden it stopped opening its polyps and has nothing but tiny nubs that won't extend and it goes through small shriveled up looking to big and leaning over. My ricordea are doing awesome which is weird because you would think those would be hurting too but, not so much. I had two outbreaks of red slime algae and took care of that then my **** heater went out on me and my salinity skyrocketed and now that is fixed, but, he is still not doing well no matter where I move him in the tank. Thoughts?

All parameters are stable and good now, heat is running about 80 degrees, and salinity is at about 1.025 (just above right where it should be).

In addition I am upgrading my pico tank tomorrow because I am bored with it and want more fish so any thoughts on moving forward?

The toadstool is in a pico?

I never had luck with them in mine. They seem to be pretty susceptible to chemical warfare. After trying three different toadstools I just gave up.

ISN'T IT ODD HOW ONE CORAL DOES FINE WITH ONE PERSON & THEN NOT WITH OTHERS. I DO VERY WELL WITH ALL TYPES OF LEATHERS IT SEEMS

I HAD ONE THAT DID NOTHING FOR 3 YEARS THEN I UPGRADED FROM A 55g TO AN 87g AND THAT CRAZY LEATHERS TOOK OFF LIKE YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE. THE DIFFERENCE WAS NIGHT & DAY.

LEATHER.jpg

My toadstool shrivelled up and bent right over for 2 weeks then straightened up and every polyp extended and looks really good .they do this anyhow .as long as its base aint rotting and you dont see bits falling off should be fine

THAT LEATHER STAYED SMALL FOR 3 YEARS AND LIKE RIP VAN WINKLE JUST AWOKE ONE DAY. I POSITIONED IT ALL OVER THE TANK AND COULD NEVER FIND A PLACE IT WAS HAPPY WITH.

Back