Toadstool leather coral

Live Rock

Reefer
Hi I am considering adding a toadstool leather coral to my tank, but I want to know more about the toxins they give off, and how I should lessen the effect on other corals.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I wouldnt put too many leathers in your tank, in yours i would keep it to one leather. So you if already have something like a devils hand, then i wouldnt add another leather. Also when they shed they release the most amount of toxin IMO and it is helpful to run carbon while shedding.

LPS and SPS will be ok, just make sure to keep them far enough away. You'll know when it's shedding because it will shrivel up and look like it's dying, then you'll see it's skin actually shed off.

I have a Nephthea leather, Finger leather, and a Tyree Green Toadstool in my 29g and have never had a problem. Although everyones experience is quite different. The Nephthea and finger leathers pretty much touch each other also. Also, I have a SPS, LPS and multiple other softies.

LPS and SPS will be ok, just make sure to keep them far enough away. You'll know when it's shedding because it will shrivel up and look like it's dying, then you'll see it's skin actually shed off.

How will I be able to remove the shed?

Back