Toadstool Trauma

reefer_head

Reefing newb
I have a fairly large toadstool leather in my tank. It usually stands upright, but the past couple of days I noticed that it was leaning towards the glass. I didn't think anything of it, thought maybe a hermit had crawled on it. This morning it was leaning totaly horizontal. This afternoon when I came home from work he was still bent over, but it was curving up from the middle. The cap was open and also the polyps.(until the crab crawled on it) What I would like to know is if this is normal or something to worry about. I started using Marc Weiss reef vital dna,But everything else seems to be doing fine.
Lighting: 2-20w florescent tubes 1 power glo 18,000k
1 marine glo actinic
temp 80.5 +-1
S.G 1.023 1/2
PH 8.2
am. (nh3/nh+4) 0
Nitrite (no-2) 0
nitrate (no-3) 20 I'm trying to get them down. usually change 8 gal. every two weeks.
cal. 460
Kh 11

Hard to say. this coral from time to time will shrink and expand back out and wax off a clear slime. this is how they clean themselves. might be just a normal function, could be a reaction to chemicals in the water form other corals, a change in water parameters, lighting, temp swing, just a whole host of reasons. check it out closely for any kind of irritant that may be or have taken place. make sure you have good circulation just past the coral, not directly on it but just past it and all around. hope something here helps. (start with checking water parameters and circulation my recommendation.)

Hey thanks alot. I think thats probally it. Yesterday it was upright and actually leaning back the other way. today seems to be doing fine as well. I'm really just getting started with corals, so I'll probally have more questions. Thanks for the help.

like he said its could be a millon things toads are very hardy though its sound like it can be the chem good luck keep us posted

Keep moving the water flow closer and closer to it, mine go limp when they're not getting enough flow. I had a small Aussie green polyp toadstool that wanted the powerhead blowing almost directly on it. Most soft corals like a lot of flow.

Back