Today was a great day!!!I was given a 100 gallon fish tank today.

150 gallon WOW!!!!:bounce:That makes my happy.Ok well this is it.,my tank showcase will begin friday.First thing is to clean it real good.Then test for leaks.Oh Biff he said it nerver been dosed with copper.He said he only had one fish in it for two years.Then ill soak the rock for about two or three days.While i build my oak stand.Heres the plans im stealing.

NEW 100US Gallon DIY tank stand.... - Monster Fish Keepers

All i need two get is The Livesand,20lbs of fresh liverock.Im still searching for my lights and will be getting them next week.Any suggestions will be great.Anyway!! everyone look for my tank showcase thread come friday night.

If you notice there is no sump in that stand. You could either build the stand around it or mod it so a larger sump can be kept in it.

Hawks is right (boy, does it surprise me that I'd every say that ;)). You should mod the stand so that you can put a sump in it.

Yeah I was trying to talk the wife into letting me build a diplay refugium under my tank. I have seen afew that were almost as cool as the reef it was cleaning.

Ya i know!!It does look tight.Maybe ill modify it abit.What size sump should i have with a 150 gallon?My 45 gallon is a high 45 and doesnt seem good for a sump.I was thinking of just buying this sump kit.But just adding sand and no mud.Theres a couple more kits i was looking at.But $260.00 is a little high.

Catalina Aquarium SUMP/REFUGIUM FOR 200 GAL TANK

Im stressed,and lost.I dont know what to get, or use for filtration,lights.I need some seroius advice and direction.I got about a $1000.00 to play with untill after X-mas.My lights are gonna take a big chunk of that.

If you are on a budget, don't buy a premade sump. Make your own. Get the biggest aquarium you can fit in the stand, and put in baffles made of plexiglass using silicone.

For filtration, if you get a sump, I'd recommend an Octopus skimmer. They are the best bang for the buck. And lights, you can either go with T5s or metal halide. You'll have to weigh the pros and cons of each to decide what you want.

Thats a damn good price for a sump Robert that you linked too.It comes with everything-return pumps,skimmer,fuge light,overflow box.The skimmer may not be the best on the market but it looks like it would get the job done.

Back