Tomini Tang has a toilet

Kizmar

#derpface
My Tomini Tang always goes to the back right corner of the tank to poo. I've watched him swim over there, dump, then swim off more times than I can count. There is no way it's a coincidence. We're talking like a 4x4" area he's repeatedly using for a toilet. I find it quite amusing.

Has anyone else noticed mannerisms like that with fish (or another animal for that matter)?

My foxface hides under 2 particular rock overhangs LOL I've seen my fish eat each others' poops lots of time. Grossed me out the first time I saw it. Now it happens so much that I forget it LOL

My Tomini Tang always goes to the back right corner of the tank to poo. I've watched him swim over there, dump, then swim off more times than I can count. There is no way it's a coincidence. We're talking like a 4x4" area he's repeatedly using for a toilet. I find it quite amusing.

Has anyone else noticed mannerisms like that with fish (or another animal for that matter)?

No, I have not seen that kind of thing BUT last night I did pick out a black stringy thing floating in my tank only to decide that is was fish poop. I then proceeded to chase my 18 year son around the basement threatening to smear it on him.

Everytime my red velvet fairy wrasse poos, my tang hovers right under him to catch and eat the fresh poo. My blenny swims out of her normal hole and various resting spots to other locations in the tank when she poos, then goes back to her normal locations. Other than that, I haven't witnessed any other odd toileting behavior.

Back