Tonga mushrooms, and acans

jarock

Reefing newb
does anyone know how often they split mine has split so far in around month and half twice but both times it split the main mushroom is the only one that splits .Also another question about acans i have had a frag with around 7 or 8 heads now and it has not grown at all looks healthy but seems not to grow i have it around 2 inches off the bottom of the tank i feed it mysis once a month i would say any thoughts ?

Feed your acans more. Start feeding them every other day or so. About the mushrooms splitting -- they are all unique. Some grow fast, some grow slow.

They do well in low to moderate light. Do yours put their feeding tentacles out at night? If so, that's the time to feed them. They also don't like very high flow.

my flow is moderatly low but my lighting system is pretty high maybe i will put them low under neath one of my arches and its weird they put there tentacles some nights and some nights none

my one hand leather coral looks identical to a carpet anemone just a diff color. is getting huge over 5inches by 5 inches long he grows anymore its gonna be tough finding a place on the bottom for him cause he will hit the glass :(

That's not a ton of lighting. Acans should be fine under those lights.

Are you sure it's a leather? And not a giant mushroom or something?

Back