too little or need more

ltljoker

The Great Tang Herder
so we have a 210 gal tank and it has 2 -175 watt metal hilides for lighting. :Cheers: Is that enough for the size of the tank or do we need a higher wattage?:bowdown: maybe that is why we are having a hard time keeping torches, frogspawns, or other LPS corals.:frustrat::frustrat::frustrat::frustrat::frustrat:

You need more light. That's not even 2 watts per gallon.

Over my 240, I had 4 x 250 watt MH plus another 200 watts of T5. And that was at the lower end of "acceptable" for keeping higher light corals.

#1 I think I have a problem too. I have two 250 watts MH and four T5 54 watts and I have been thinking I don't have enough for my 150.

I think we both need more. :(

so we have a 210 gal tank and it has 2 -175 watt metal hilides for lighting. :Cheers: Is that enough for the size of the tank or do we need a higher wattage?:bowdown: maybe that is why we are having a hard time keeping torches, frogspawns, or other LPS corals.:frustrat::frustrat::frustrat::frustrat::frustrat:

210 gallon i would go with some 400 watt mh

so toomorow I will be looking for a new ballast and 2- 250 watt bulbs :frustrat: Damn more money on fish supplies. I wish it was a tax writeoff:mrgreen:

so toomorow I will be looking for a new ballast and 2- 250 watt bulbs :frustrat: Damn more money on fish supplies. I wish it was a tax writeoff:mrgreen:

#1 I think you will still need more. I've got 250 watts and my tank is smaller and I need more!:frustrat:

im gonna run with 2-250 watts and keep the 2-175 watts along with it. Or do you think that will be too much

Biff your electric bill was that high cause you gotta run a.c. all the time. Your 2 blocks from hell its so hot there:mrgreen:

Forget about the watt/gallon thing, unless your talking regular output fluorescent. 2 x 175w MH should be enough for LPS in that tank. If your having problems with them, I would look somewhere else besides the lighting.

Also, if you plan on getting more lights, keep the 175's you have and get another ballast along with Iwasaki 15k bulbs. Just because you jump to 250w doesn't mean your getting better PAR. It depends on the bulbs and the 175 Iwasaki are stronger than many 250's and use alot less electricity. Here's a 175w ballast on Ebay for under $70 shipped. The Iwasaki 15k bulbs are $80 each.

Back