Too Much Flow

tcarroll

Reefing newb
Is it possible to have to much watermovement.90 Gallon.The reason i ask.I have three #4 Korillas and one small Seido.LFS had Hydor Magnum's on sale #7 for $88.Picked one up,man that bad boy moves the water.

+1 dustin. However, i can imagine the sand is moving in a 90 with all them powerheads...But i dont know since i never tried it.

+2 Dustin
I had 4 #4 koralias,3 #3s and 3 #2s in a 75gal along with a mag 5 return pump and 3 maxi-jets 1200s with the flow mods on em.

I am going to disagree with you all for once, my LPS do NOT like the flow in my tank at all, I can only keep my frogspawn and duncans happy, my torch and two hammer constantly have me think they are going to be dead, I havent lost any yet but they arent happy campers.

That being said, if you are keeping SPS I will agree with the above posts, if you are keeping LPS you might be overdoing it.

I think your good. I have 2-K4's, 2 K3's Maxijet 1200 with mod kit, Mag 9.5 return and a Seio 1000, also 2 K2's. In my 110

I have GARF Mix over top about one inch of sand,just installed the magnum today.Have a little stirred up but i think some of it may have been on live rock.Whats a good filter material to use in the sump for the prefilter.I currently am using that two colored blue on one side white on the other side.Is there a better material out there?

Thank's

Back