Too sick. & thin to ignore !

Yes, but you are recycling nutrients. Just be sure to get rid of some of the algae so you're taking nutrients out of the system.
If your recycling nutrients aren't you maintaining a stable environment? Fish eat algae, poop, algae grows, algae feeds fish. As long as your not adding more nutrients to the system it would be a closed loop.??

Oh yes. I was planning on cutting a strip from the mesh and clipping it to the tank side. Not using the entire 10"x16" mesh. Free food is good!

If your recycling nutrients aren't you maintaining a stable environment? Fish eat algae, poop, algae grows, algae feeds fish. As long as your not adding more nutrients to the system it would be a closed loop.??
In a perfect world, that would be true. But, you're going to be feeding and adding to that nutrient base, adding make up water and adding to that nutrient base.

I see people do it all the time Steve. ZOMG HAIR ALGAE'S KILLING ME!!!!! Stop recycling EVERYTHING and harvest MORE than you add. That's all I was getting at. I have one guy that is always bitching that he has algae. So I asked him how often he was harvesting. He said every 3 days and feeds it to his tangs, lol. So you're feeding the carnivores and feeding the waste removal system back to the herbivores. Now I don't math too well, but that equation is WAY outta balance. :D

Lol. You guz not only high jack my thread but u can't stop argueing either. It's hilarious. Keep making bets as to whose going to actually get the last word !!!!!

Last edited:
Lol. You guz not only high jack my thread but u can't stop argueing either. It's hilarious. Keep making bets as to whose going to actually get the last word !!!!!
Not an argument, if it was, I'd be dropping F bombs like the Allies on Nazi Germany during WW2.:D But Steve's an alright bloke. Might just send him a couple of my ZOMG INDESTRUCTIBLE GBTAs if he plays his cards right.

Not an argument, if it was, I'd be dropping F bombs like the Allies on Nazi Germany during WW2.:D But Steve's an alright bloke. Might just send him a couple of my ZOMG INDESTRUCTIBLE GBTAs if he plays his cards right.
I win the bet......lol knew it would be you.
In a more serious note, thanks every one for you help and guidance over the last year. I dont think the tank would have survived as long as it has without all the input and suggestions.
thanks.

Back