torch coral problem

lumpy

Reefing newb
I have a yellow torch with about four heads and one of the heads looks like it has detached itself from its base. Almost like its peeling itself off. I'm assuming this is something I should be worried about but I have no idea what to do or waht might be causing it. Any help?

I'm high on phosphates and good on everything else. started doing dailly water changes yesterday till I get the phosphate issue under control.

0 Ni
0 Na
0 Am
.025 salinity
Calcium is in acceptable ranges...

It could be splitting, but I don't think I've ever seen euphyllia split like that, its usually another head that pops up.

If its a bad issue, I would guess maybe high nitrates or (less-likely) it could be lack of light and its trying to split as a self-defense to keep some of the coral alive.

spectrometer.

calcium is 400 - 420.

phosphates were measured by some electronic device at local fish shop and they told me I was double what I should be. But that doesnt register on my drip test and I dont remember the actual number.

well the head has fully detached now. I dont suppose that if I found a spot on another rock and rubberbanded it down that it would reattach? I'm guessing it's a lost cause?...

Back