trigger pods

cthegame

Reef enthusiast
I bought a bottle of trigger pods and put them in my refugium. There is live sand & live rock as well.

Next day, I cant find a single pod in the fuge…are they still in there? I heard that they reproduce very fast but how long does it usually take for the population to grow?

A few days have passed and I still don’t see a single one…

Any reason for this?

They have most likely crawled into the holes in the rock and down into the sand.
It may take a while before you actually start seeing a lot of pods.

Have you looked after lights out with a small light?You'll generaly see more at night.

They have most likely crawled into the holes in the rock and down into the sand.
It may take a while before you actually start seeing a lot of pods.

Have you looked after lights out with a small light?You'll generaly see more at night.

I have macro algae in there so I keep the light on 24/7.

Do pods not like light? How much light is needed for a refugium? I only have about 30 watts of light in there. Since that’s not strong, I keep it on 24/7.

Most pods are actually nocternal.But some will be visiable with the lights on when you have a big population.

You don't need a lot of light for a fuge. I use a simple strip light normal output fluorescent bulb on mine. Algae will grow pretty much under any light conditions. It will take a bit for the pod population to grow large enough for you to notice it, but adding a bottle of Tigger Pods is a good way to jump start it.

We just got sprint cards in our notebooks, so I can be driving down the freeway, check the forums, post like crazy... I am not driving of course...

And that’s why you guys rock…I really see no reason why anyone would fail in this hobby when you guys are here to help with everything. You’re more appreciated than you know...

Just make sure you only post at red lights when in the car…I’m sure nothing will come between you and your posts lol

“Sorry officer, it wasn’t my fault, I had to respond to a post” lol

How long for a bottle of tigger pods to show that they are reproducing? bought a bottle 1 1/2 weeks ago was told by my lfs to add half bottle to ref in sump and start a culture in a bucket with rock rubble and some chaeto with air stone near a window and cant really see any more then what i added from the start but will say some look much bigger oh and added a bit of phyto-plan any ideas why no reproducing yet and if someone knows from experince on how long before they actually do reproduce?

their breeding from egg to a breeding egg laying adult is 45 days so in a couple months you should have an explosion in their population

I created something I call a 'pod pile' in the main tank which is a pile of smaller pieces of live rubble that fish and inverts can't crawl into --an ideal breeding ground for copepods. I did not add any purchased pods. After about 1 to 2 months the pods went berserk. I have to scrape them off the glass every few days. I have one Bi-color Dottyback in there that eats them.

Back