triggers?

No dwarf triggers, sorry. :(

I wouldn't keep a trigger in anything less than a 125. Pink tail triggers are one of my favorite fish of all time, but I can't keep one in my 90... It makes me sad.

No dwarf triggers, sorry. :(

I wouldn't keep a trigger in anything less than a 125. Pink tail triggers are one of my favorite fish of all time, but I can't keep one in my 90... It makes me sad.
+1, Triggers are by far my favorite,the Humu is a slow grower when compared to other triggers(like the clown)..i have a small Humu(2in.) and Clown(2in) which i am already planning an upgrade to an 8 foot tank for..Keep in mind with triggers you will not be able to keep a single invert(snails,hermits,shrimp,starfish,ect..)

Last edited:
I would not advise anyone to keep a trigger in anything smaller than a 125 as biff said also.......i think all those minimum tank size listings are just plain dumb....i could keep all my fish in my QT ,they'll fit....doesn't make it right..JMO

blue jaw triggers i think are most reef safe and smallest and huma trigger do grow slow. My buddy has a picasso trigger he got when it was 2" inches in his 90 gallon and a year later is still under 3 inches. you can get small one and trade it in when it gets bigger.

Keep in mind with triggers you will not be able to keep a single invert(snails,hermits,shrimp,starfish,ect..)

Not really, blue chin/throat, pink tail, niger and cross hatch are generally invert safe. My pink tail was in a reef for years and didn't touch inverts.

Back