Tropiquarium (Brick, NJ)

BL1

This store was huge! I thought I was in heaven, the store itself had to be close to 2,000 Sq Ft of aquatic awesomeness. They had 2 display tanks that had to be over 800 gallons (one was a full mixed reef setup, the other was a FOWLR but with a couple of SPS colonies) The fish in their displays were all full grown an healthy. In one corner they had a giant pond with a bunch of 2 ft long Koi fish, and catfish. All of their fish display tanks looked like they were at least 30g (which is a pretty good size) and except for a few fish all of their live stock looked to be healthy. They had three isles of holding tanks which had to have totaled almost 150 tanks. Their prices for fish and corals seemed to be fair but, bordering on the high side. Their prices for inverts though seemed outrageous to me ($30 for a cleaner shrimp). What really got me were their prices for tanks, and tank combos (Tank/Stand/Canopy/etc) ... they sell them at cost, and the prices looked awesome to me! They had a 180g RR tank for under $750.

I didn't get to talk to any of the employees so I can't say what their knowledge or general ethics were like in the store but, if you're in the area I would definitely recommend that you stop by the store.

Back