Trouble.

I have a question about the Foxface for anyone who can answer it.How bad is the venomous spines.Do they use it against other fish and does it kill them?

That fish cost my a burger king angus burger,:mrgreen:

Reef,there not as bad as lionfish from what I've read.Like a wasp sting.

I ask about the sting because I want one to take out some Clarks...for real!
I talked to the LFS about possibly ordering me a Magnificent Foxface....$85,does that sound high?

That's the more rare one. I didn't realize there were two types. From what I found on the web that's not a bad price for it. I'm looking at the cheaper one.

Thanks Piggy.

When I was at the LFS,they said they could order me a Magnificent but I never paid much attention to them until I saw the regular ones.It is $130 for a medium 3''-5'' at Liveaquaria so it was a pretty good price after all.At last,there is a disclaimer that if hungry enough they will nip at LPS and softies....boohoohoo!

Reef,

Yes the magnificent is priced about right. They are $80 here and things seem to run a bit cheaper in Utah. They do get much bigger than the one-spot, about 10 inches or so. They only use their spines to defend themselves, as I found out a year ago. It doesn't hurt that bad, ego is the worst part of it.

Yote, great buy. Can't wait to see if swimming around their tank. Altho they love algae, mine always eat whatever is put into the tank. They are pigs.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Back