True Percula question

jcegt87

Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!
ok so went to the LFS and saw a some true perculas i did notice that they were small about 1-1.5 inches , so still young , and their black stripes is thin

my question is do the black stripes get thicker as they grow older or does it stay the same?

Just guessing,but I thank the stripes basically stay the same relative to the size of the fish.
Hadn't really thought about it before,but thats a good question.

the LFS owner said that the black stripes will come in eventually but of course he will say what i wanna hear to sell his stuff lol, plus its a new LFS so im still weary

no, you cant mix the true and false percs. They are a different species and will fight because of it, even if you just have one of each. But you have two pairs of clowns that are two different species. As we have told you before, you need to get rid of one set of clowns otherwise they are going to kill each other off.

no, you cant mix the true and false percs. They are a different species and will fight because of it, even if you just have one of each. But you have two pairs of clowns that are two different species. As we have told you before, you need to get rid of one set of clowns otherwise they are going to kill each other off.

I knew it thx , į can try to get rid of the black set lol

All black and white clowns are occelaris, there aren't any B&W percs.

Also, occys and percs are close enough that they can be paired and mated together. One example is SAs Snowcasso.
SA Snow Onyx (left) – a crossing of Amphiprion percula “Onxy” with A. ocellaris “Snowflake”.* So, the “Snow Onyx” is a “Percularis”, a form properly denoted as Amphiprion Percularis “Snow Onyx”, Percularis being the general term used for the hybrid of A. percula X A. ocellaris.
Sustainable Aquatics releases new Ocellaris and Percula Clownfish Crosses – Updated

i guess i just have a weird tank, pair or an occy and a perc, an unagressive sixline, an unagressive damsel and the tanks boss is a green chromis......

Back