Trying again

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
I'm not sure why my post never showed up the first time, unless the mods need to go over it first. Anyways, heres my first tank, 46g bowfront. Still cycling, but I added a small clean-up crew this week.

IMG_3820.jpg

IMG_3819.jpg

IMG_3818.jpg

I only have one MJ running right now, plus the biowheel I took the media out of. I have a koralia showing up with my other stuff this week. I'm not sure where to place them though.

I would run two powerheads, one in each corner. Put them near the surface, so that they break the surface and cause a ripple in the water.

Looks to me like you need to bring your water level up a bit.If your going to use the HOB filter for water movement,you'll want the water high enough to stop so much splashing.
They are a great way to run carbon to.Which you might want to do from time to time.You can also remove the wheels.That will cut down on them causing so many nitrates.

Yeah, I already removed the wheels and the filters, it's running empty, just moving water. Another site told me I never want to run anything in there, is that not true. As far as the water level, that was right before my partial change today, the level is topped back up now, and no splashing.....(:

I also run a filter with nothing in it. It wont hurt to run something if you want just dont let it be in there for long more than 1 or 2 weeks so it dosn't start growing bacteria on it.

Bobbys right.You can run them as long as you maintain them.Just like anything else,they have to be cleaned.
I personally would run them with some filter pads and either rinse them off with RO water,or completely replace them at the very least,every 2 weeks.

Back