Trying to make a refugium. Thank that's how u spell it

Kwater

Chill
I took a small maby 9 or 10 gallon acrylic aquarium and put it next to my wet dry filter. That is as far as I have gotten. I was just going to get maby 5 or 10 pounds of mud and put it in bags instead of putting it on the bottom of the tank so the clean up and mantnance is easer. Than just put a bunch of plants that belong in the sump. But than I hurd something about dividers and stuff. Am I missing something here.

If it was me,I'd set it up to use an overflow system back into the sump.You'd have to set the fuge higher,but you could feed it with a small pump(something like a maxi jet) then let it gravity feed through the overflow back into the sump.
I also wouldnt fool with the mud.Just get a clump of chaetomorpha and hang one of those cheap plant lights over it.
The pods will use the chaeto for breeding and the slow flow will give it time to pull excess nutrients out of the tank.

I built one from glass panels and numerous tubes of slicone that seems to be working alright. I am living proof that even an idiot can build a functioning refugium! :)

Mine is in a 10 gal tank right next to my 20 gal sump. I plumbed it basically like yote said but slightly different. I gravity feed from the sump into the fuge. I placed a baffle in the fuge to create a return area and then I placed a quiet one pump in it. I ran the pump back into the display. I did it that way because I though the extra flow in the display was better than in my sump. Plus if either of my return pumps ever dies, I still have the other one moving water through the sump so I am less likely to have a catastrophe.

Back