Tube Anemone

R Cubed

Reefing newb
I just went to the LFS and got a handfull of all the junk on the bottom of one of the tanks to beef up my fuge. Amongst the debris were various coral frags hard and soft (nice bonus) and all the stuff I was really after. (copes, pods, worms, mysis...) So I got it home and as I was acclimating and checking out all of the neat stuff in the bag I noticed a very small (less than dime sized crown) tube anemone. It has tan or pink outer tenticles and bright green inner ones. I have never kept any before so I started to do some reading while everything acclimated. I decided to leave him in the fuge. It has moderate to slow flow and the particular area is not too bright. So I got him in and burried him almost up to the crown. This morning he had shed his tube and was hanging out on the top of the sand I was concerned so I did more reading. I crafted a makeshift tube for him out of an old 5ml syringe according to similar proceses for larger ones. He is in the tube now but was wondering if anyone had some expierence with these guys. Thanks
Ryan

Tube anemones are cool additions.
Don't take this as gospel since I've not kept one in my tank and this is just what I've noticed from helping at the LFS .But they seem to do better in tanks with medium light and light flow.They also seem to do better when fed at least once a day.

Yah I'm just letting it do its thing. It still has no tube but it's is moving around the fuge. I'm thinking it is looking for a place it likes. I don't really care where it ends up I'm just hoping it doesn't die it's pretty neat and I don't think I'll find one that small again. Thanks Yote.

It's still moving around with no tube but it isn't shriveled up. I'll target feed and see what happens. Thanks all
Ryan

Back