Tube Thingie

stagofdoom

Phi Kappa Psi
So I go back to my room tonight and see this whiteish tube thing coming from the bottom of my rock. It was really long and looked like it was eating something off the rock below it. When I turned on the light it went away.
Any thoughts?

oh and sorry for not keeping yall updated on my new tank. ive had finals this week and a lot of crap the last few weeks.

im moving into my new place monday so ill take pics of where the tank is going to be, and when im going to order it.

no it was white or clearish and it was a tube that stuck out of the rock. It retracted when I turned on the light but I couldnt see anything when I looked at where it went back in.

Could be some sort of anemone, as anemones will retract, but not usually if you turn the light on. Without a picture, it's hard to say. Maybe a feather duster.

DSC01491.jpg

DSC01492.jpg

this is the best I could do

there were like 2 of them and there were small feather dusters around the area they retracted. I couldnt tell if thats where they retracted to because I was looking at my camera

I've got something that sounds like the same thing you have. It reminds me of an elephants trunk it extends and appears to be eating off the rocks but when light hits it it shrinks back into the live rock. I'm sure it's not a bristle worm and is always in the same spot. The max length I've seen it is about 2" and it's white with brown stripes around it.

But I'm no help because I have no Idea what it is.

Definetly a tube worm. I have them in my tank. Look in your tank at night you will see them eating. If it's skinny it could be a spaghetti worm that inhabited the tube. All Reef Safe.

Back