Tunze Turbelle

Chris

Reefing newb
I just installed a Tunze Turbelle Stream 6080. This is an awesome pump. It doesn't have the head speed of a regular power head, which can damage corals. It uses a propeller to move water, so it moves a ton of volume but not speed. Its rated at 2250 gal/h. I bought it from MarineDepot.com.

Here's a pic...

are you going to run it 24/7 or on a timmer? thanks for the infor, definitely an item to consider. by the way I was able to view the picture in this thread. go figure. :D

I planed on running this one 24/7 but next month im going to install one with the controller to make surges from the opposite direction. I wanted to see what one was like. It is everything it claims. It really moves some water.

Well hopefully you will see all new pictures posted. Try posting one again.

Sorry to dig this post up but I am considering on purchasing a Tunze Stream with the single controller - Just wanted to check up on how you are finding them and if they are worth the investment. Have you found if 1 unit to be enough or would you recommend 2?

Simply awesome water movement, I only have one without a controller. I need to buy a second one because its now in my 125. When it was in my 55 I only needed the one. I know there are some other brands out there that are cheaper but I love mine.

Chris said:
Simply awesome water movement, I only have one without a controller. I need to buy a second one because its now in my 125. When it was in my 55 I only needed the one. I know there are some other brands out there that are cheaper but I love mine.

Smashin' - As I have similar sized tank to your old one I think I will go for the 6000 model which I think does 7,500/lph plus the controller - Tell me one me thing if you done mind ... did you keep any other powerheads in the setup after adding the Tunze?

Cheers mate.

I had 2 cap 1800's in the corners at the same time, I actually only ran the tunze 1/2 the day, had it on a timer. It really moves some water.

I think your meant to turn them off for atleast an hour everyday but I think the controller with the photosensor automatically does that for you during the night. I'll move the other powerheads to opposite the tunze when i get it ... should create some immpresive turbulence

Back