Turbo snail dead???

Pysiek

Reefing newb
I have my turbo snail for about 2-3 months. About 3 weeks ago it went to one corner of my tank and stayed there all the time. On the bottom. I got concerned it might be dead so I took my "stick" and pick it up. I saw the hard shield moving and closing. So I left it alone. I check on it every single day. After 2 weeks I came back from work and realized that the shell is in different spot in the tank and the hard shield that works as doors to the shell is laying next to it. But no snail and no ugly smell coming out. Is it dead? What happened to the snail? (shell was empty)
Also I should add that one of my turbo snails died couple days after I introduce them to my tank. And when that happened the inside of the snail smelled TERRIBLE! That is why when I checked on the other snail daily I smell it first :-)

Yes, if the shell is empty, than it is dead. Your cleanup crew or something else in your tank had a nice meal....that is why it is empty.

I will take a picture and post here. Right in the corner where the snail stayed the whole time something happened to the sand. Looks like some kind of liquid was released to it and dried.

Back