turbos DO eat hair algae

Doc

I don't work for anybody
So, last night I noticed how Biff has been trying to sneak in hair algae into my tank. Luckily, I was onto her and dropped in a Mexican Turbo to take care of business. I took a few pics to show his work - for those of you who are "nay-sayers"

-The Doc

PB010002-1.jpg

Here you can see the slime and hair algae starting to form on my rock

PB010001-1.jpg

You can also see the back of the rock where there is still some and the clean part in the middle where my turbo went to town and cleaned thw rock off. He went around the back side and is not photo-worthy right now. So, there you go

Uh you do realize that those pictures mean nothing since the snail is not even in the photo? How do I know that you didn't clean it off yourself, take a new pic, and say the snail did it? In order to prove this was the work of the snail, you will need to provide a picture of the snail in action. That is all.

I have developed hair algae on a rock and have multiple turbos. not one but of hair algae has disappeared. they never did in my 36 either

wow. tough crowd. OK. Try this Red - PUT THE SNAIL ON THE ALGAE. In a tank, there is a lot of room to get post and they tend to stay around where they are comfy. Just like us.

Sigh. Biff. Biff. Biff. Oh Ye of little faith. Lame-ass scientist. Fine, I will take off my shirt and dive into my tank to yank him off a rock, displacing him from his comfort zone, and lurch him back onto the rock JUST so you what we all already know. Mexican Turbos do eat algae.

- The Doc

now, you are sure you are using the mexican ones? sometimes they can be mistaken for.... um.... legos or something.

-The Doc

OK. Here are better pics of the Turbo actually cleaning. Hope this clears up any doubt

-Doc

PB030001.jpg

and

PB030012.jpg

with my experience the turbo's won't graze the hair algae if it's really long. they seems to like the short stuff.

:sniffles::sniffles::sniffles:

That makes me want to cry again for your loss.

Yes Biff, it is true, they may not munch down on 25 mouthfulls of 8 inch long hair algae. You would need a weed-whacker to take out that junk. Turbos are great to take care of the algae BEFORE it gets to be a problem. That is the whole idea behind taking care of your tank - being watchful and keeping things from being a problem. DURH

-Doc

really?

Huh, I missed her post. I was at work all day. I will get to it after I run through 30 other posts. unless I fall asleep. Don't forget to turn off back clocks tonight - daylight savings and all, except for the weird people in Indiana and AZ (tards)

-Doc

Yep,she got some kind of tilefish and maybe something else(I forgot).Biff ordered a Pink Tail Trigger too.Everybody's getting new fish,EXCEPT me!...boohoohoo.

copy cat. Trying to hi-jack my thread in the same way I do yours. You have to be more creative than that!!! that is my signature move. You didn't even ask my permission

-Doc

Back