tuxedo urchin/ sea cucumber

RoyalT

Reefing newb
This is kind of a stupid question, but can a tuxedo sea urchin and sea cucumber go together. The LFS said if it dies just dont poke it with any sharp objects so it does not let its guts out, and the only thing I could think about last night was when I bought the urchin when he poked holes through the plastic bags trying to get it home.

I would guess they would senses of their surroundings and try and stay away from one another, but still wondering.

The cucumber will stay in the sand most of the time, whereas the urchin will be on the glass or on the rocks. I don't think they'd be a problem together.

The Tuxedo urchin is awesome. I suggest getting one. They pick up all your leftover rock and snail/crab shells, and stick them to their backs and wander around. They are so freakin' funny to watch. The more crud they have on them the healthier they are.

my urchin is not able to move any of my rock, but I do have to epoxy corals down now or he knocks em over.....awesome critter!

this is a stupid question and i didnt really want to start a new thread. can someone give me a quick definion of coralline algae
please thank you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coralline_algae

web_bart-google.jpg

Last edited:
Back