Twin spot Goby

hebbah

Reefing newb
Until now we have researched every one of our additions into our tank carefully - BUT - we just made a (perhaps very unwise) impulse purchase. We got a twin spot Goby. I have been reading up on them and it seems like they will be very difficult to keep alive. We have a 50G tank with perfect water parameters and it is very lightly stocked ( 1 royal gamma, 1 bubble tip anemone, 2 peppermints, 1 anemone crab, 1 pistol shrimp, a bunch of hermits and snails)
What do we need to do to keep this little, very handsome fellow alive and happy? We do have a bunch of LS that is in dire need of some sifting and we also have a ton of pods in the tank but no refugium :(
What do you recommend? We don't want to starve him!

Thanks!

Until now we have researched every one of our additions into our tank carefully - BUT - we just made a (perhaps very unwise) impulse purchase.

I've been a victim to that "impulse buy" :mrgreen: It usually happens when the specific fish I want to buy is not in stock, and I'm itching to buy just any of the pretty fish! So I'll settle for another equally beautiful fish on the fly. In fact the only fish I've bought that was planned were the clowns!! Everyone else -- the orange spot goby (died), the clown goby, and the 2 firefish were simply impulse-gotta-have-a-fish buys :sfish:

+1 on the coepods. I have one and mine eats copds and brine shrimp (frozen). They also like to burrow in the sand so keep an eye out for cave ins with your rock.

If you have seen yours eating, you are probably in the clear. The reason they are considered "difficult" is because they do tend to starve to death.

Back