Twin spot goby

Pilotkev55

Reefing newb
I bought a twin spot goby before I knew how hard they are to take care of properly. He is little so I hope he can learn to live without a mate. I bought some copepods and I'm putting them n the tank to help feed him. Any suggestions would be helpful . I have placed some frozen food into the substrate near his burrow hopefully he will get some of that as he sifts through the gravel..:frustrat:

I bought a twin spot goby before I knew how hard they are to take care of properly. He is little so I hope he can learn to live without a mate. I bought some copepods and I'm putting them n the tank to help feed him. Any suggestions would be helpful . I have placed some frozen food into the substrate near his burrow hopefully he will get some of that as he sifts through the gravel..:frustrat:
hi pilotkev
have you got a refugium on your setup ?
as this would supply a decent amount of micro invertebrates for your goby
ive read you can feed Live brine shrimp and black worms to induce feeding in finicky 1s
:)

No refugium I have a 28 gallon nano cube. I don't know if I can put a small one in the back of the aquarium where the media basket is now or not.

I was thinking about doing that Anthony . I don't have bio balls though, it has little ceramic deals that kinda look like lifesaver shapes. I would imagine I should take out the carbon bag also. Should I just run the floss or foam in the top, leave the next chamber empty and run live rock rubble in the bottom? I figured the ceramic discs in the bottom would end up as live rock after it gets filled with the good bacteria . The tank is about two months old now.

I left the filter pad on top to catch most of the stuff that flows back there, and just filled underneath with LR rubble. I packed it too the balls, and also put a sponge that I had soaking in a pod farming tank in there as well. This way, a nice population of pods went into the media basket in the back. So, there is probably a million or so pods in there lol. Making it impossible to get my Mandarin to eat frozen. (S)He picks at pellets sometimes though.

I left the filter pad on top to catch most of the stuff that flows back there, and just filled underneath with LR rubble. I packed it too the balls, and also put a sponge that I had soaking in a pod farming tank in there as well. This way, a nice population of pods went into the media basket in the back. So, there is probably a million or so pods in there lol. Making it impossible to get my Mandarin to eat frozen. (S)He picks at pellets sometimes though.

Thats a great idea thanks for sharing.

Back