Two Little Fishes GFO Phosban Reactor and Seachem Phosguard

Discussion in 'Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment' started by Pysiek, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Pysiek

Pysiek VIP Member

I have two little fishes phosban reactor. Before I used their phosban media. Now I would like to switch to seachem phosguard. When I placed the media in my reactor last night I cannot make them to tumble. My pump is a maxijet. Valve it's open all the way and still no tumble. Should I remove the sponges maybe?

Pysiek, Jan 6, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. Pysiek

Cathic Fish Wrangler

You will want to get it tumbling or its effectiveness will be reduced greatly. You may want to just replace the pump to something stronger. Also, be aware that phosguard is an aluminum oxide phosphate binder and not an iron oxide binder, it may have potentially more serious side effects than GFO's. A great article to read about phosphate http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-11/rhf/

Cathic, Jan 6, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. Pysiek

the guy

I agree with you, so you just saved me from saying it all again, Thanks :cool:

the guy, Jan 12, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question