two little fishes or GFO/carbon reactor?

banthonyb71

Reefing newb
I have heard great things about the reactor from two little fishes however I was thinking of getting the dual reactor from bulkreef supply that runs carbon in one chamber and GFO in the other. What should I do? keep my HOB filter and use that for carbon and phosban reactor for the GFO? or carbon and gfo in the phosban reactor or just get the dual from bulkreef?

I just got one of the TLF to run carbon. Cheaper to get everything (reactor plus pump) from my LFS then to order from BRS and pay for shipping. I think BRS suggests two singles over the dual if you have the space for the singles. This way they are independent and clogging won't be an issue and the flows can be different since GFO and carbon need different rates.

Also I would look into a skimmer. Sure when I first started I bought the Marineland 400 for a 16 bowfront but then got a skimmer when funds allowed. The filter will work but can trap sediment and you'll get spikes in nitrates and ammonia if you don't clean it properly or change out the filter pads.

I order stuff from BRS supply but if I can get it from my LFS then I go there first. Great service and it usually a little cheaper or the same price not even counting the shipping charges.

Back