Two new corals!!!!!

mennazeher04

Reefing newb
Hey everyone well I went out Saturday and bought two new corals that i just couldn't pass up on. I bought a frag of Montipora Capricornis that is the brightest neon green that i have ever seen and i bought a green with purple swirl brain. Its absolutely beautiful. I'll have pics soon as soon as i can find my camera. Now just a reminder i am battling a long but almost successful battle of the devilish green hair algae. So don't look at it if possible.......lol.

here is the green montipora:
question....will it eventually adhere itself to the live rock? Because I didnt come on a plug or live rock. Also anything i should know about this thanks.
pic 8-1-10 028.jpg

here is the green/purple swirl brain:
question......what is the name of this brain? do I feed it? If yes, then what? basically anything else I should know about the brain thanks.
pic 8-1-10 025.jpg

pics arent the best so bare with me. My camera sucks sorry.:mrgreen:

The monti will eventually grow over the rock. It will take a long time though, so make sure it's secure.

That's an open brain (wellsophyllia). Sometimes they'll extend feeding tentacles after the lights go out. If it does that, you can place meaty foods on its tentacles. Some of them never do that though. My brain does once in a while, but it usually won't take the food.

What hair algae?I didn't see any hair algae.LOL.

Congrats,I'm not sure if the monti will attach or not.The open brain coral is a Trachyphillia radiata.(sometimes called a Welllsophyllia or wellso).

Very nice!

And monticaps are cool because they grow (for me anyway) very fast and you never know what shape it will take on. I have one that is super flat, just keeps growing outward, and I have another that is growing pretty much straight up with lots of folds. You can even glue multiple color frags to each other. :D For now just attach it to the rock with reef putty and it will eventually grow over that.

Back