two new tanks

sluggerdood

Reefing newb
i have had two tanks set up for a little over a week now my ammonia nitrites and nitrates are at zero./ am i good to put fish in ? i thought cycling took 4 -6 weeks? its a 10 gallon nano and a 55 gallon

You probably havnt cycled. What are you testing with? Strips, liquids? Also did you put anything in your tank such as table shrimp or fish food to start a cycle?

there were hermit crabs on the 75 lbs of live rock i put in plus brown polyps and some other softies. i had a amonia spike the second or third day i waited and then retested (ammonia,nitrites and nitrates zero).i am using strips by the way

The strips are notoriously unreliable. Get yourself some good test kits and see what your actual levels are. I would toss in some food, and if you dont see a spike for a few days afterwards you know your tank is cycled!

I agree with little_fish, but I will say that the only time I've ever seen a tank TRUELY cycle in a week, was when it had 1.5 lbs of LR per gallon or when the product called BIO-SPIRA was placed in the tank.

Back