Two pairs of Clownfish

joshuacohenjc

Reefing newb
i curently have a 75 gallon (upgraded from a 20 this month) and i have 2 oceallaris clowns
i dont have any other fish
i want to add 2 black percula clown but im not sure if it will work out
the 2 clownfish i have are still small (about 1-1.5 inch)(i got them 7months ago)
they are currently staying on one side of the tank (i dont know why) so maybe i can put the other two on the other side (i am planing on getting them that small also)
PLEASE HELP
also, what i would like to have in terms of fish in this tank are the following, maybe someone can give me some advice on some of these fish (i dont have anything that will eat crabs, snails or shrimp or pick at any type of coral
2 ocellaris clowns (already have)
2 black percula (the ones with the orange face)
1 yellow tang
1 hippo/regal tang (or a powder blue tang but i heard it gets sick easily)
bangai cardinal
green mandarin (later when i have more pods)
dwarf flame angel fish

It would be war with the two sets of clowns, they just dont get along very well with other clowns unless the tank is huge.

Also a 75 is too small for any tang, but there are lots of other great fish out there! Check out the wrasses, blennies, and gobies for some other great fish that will be much happier in your size tank.

Yeah, I wouldn't attempt to put another pair in there...especially since the ones you have are already established.

It won't matter, as the clowns mature they'll end up fighting for dominance in the tank. I disagree however about the tangs, a yellow, bristletooth, or kole tang will all be fine in a tank your size.

A yellow or bristletooth would probably be okay in a 75, but definitely NOT a hippo tang. Those need a 6 ft tank minimum, and are probably best off in a 8ft+ tank.

Two pairs of clowns in a 75 will probably not work out long term, so be prepared to re home one of the pairs

Danger, Will Robinson! Danger! That many clowns in that small a space will get rather ornery with each other and probably will result in dead fish..... And stick with the smaller tangs. They're actually really pretty, although not quite as showy or well known as the Blue Hippo Tang.

Back