u v sterilizers

george

Reefing newb
I have been thinking of adding a uv sterilizer.I would like to know what brand other members have experience with. This will be going on my 90 reef.Also should I go one size more than what is called for.

George Im using an AQUA ultraviolet 25 watt system for my project. depending on the manufacturer and the flow rate you might want to call a few of the manufacturers and see what their advice is. Marine depot, fosters & smith, premium aquatics, are just a couple outlets that can give you good advice. I selected the AQUA ultraviolet because it had the longest lasting bulb in the price range.

https://www.livingreefs.com/forums/saltwater-aquarium-articles/765-uv-sterilization-primer.html

hope this helps.

Last edited:
after doing some reading and some comparison I think the currant gamma25 watt should be my choice.I will be hooking it up inline.Thanks for the response.I just got tired of cleaning glass maybe this will help with that.

My uv sterilizer came today going to install in-line on friday.I was wondering if I should run24-7 or just run during the day.If I run during just daytime would the bulb last longer or would firing up the bulb every day shorten the life.And also not having the water going in the unit maybe the sleeve would get dirty sooner.

Does anyone happen to know if htey make a HOB UV Steralizer? I have no plumbing on my tanks and I think it UV would help me with my water clarity/algae. I saw this product but wasnt sure if it would work for me.

If you are looking for a hang on unit the gamma 25 watt comes with all the fittings you need.For a 29 gallon the 8 watt would do.I am going to mount mine to the wall with a fire extinguisher bracket fits fine like to be different.

Back