uh oh bristle worms

lilduud

Reefing newb
i saw the first one about a week ago and the second one emerged today and hes huge...
any tips to nip em before they get to bad?

but there is one emerging that is now an inch away from my clam as he is already about three inches from his origin... he is massive... and i have been told that they can be clam killers this big.

No. That's not true. They'll only eat something if it's already dead or dying. What do you mean massive? I've had ones that were 8 inches or longer in my tank before. It's rare that they get that big.

hahaha alright call me paranoid :)
he just doesnt look like hes stretching much and he was already about 3 inches...
haha oh well ill just enjoy the creepy little things i guess.

It's a day or two later that it hurts when that little bristle gets worked in just below the skin. Then it's really irritating and somewhat painful!

Hahah I didn't even realize they could hurt... but I was taking one off the clam with bare hands while putting him in the tank. But I picked at it with my fingers and it never hurt or itched or got irritated. Maybe if you have high histamine levels to begin with it can irritate you though.

Hahah I didn't even realize they could hurt... but I was taking one off the clam with bare hands while putting him in the tank. But I picked at it with my fingers and it never hurt or itched or got irritated. Maybe if you have high histamine levels to begin with it can irritate you though.

I think having callouses on your hands helps to.The bristles are not really that strong and may have a hard time penetrating the skin.
Usually when one gets me,its between my fingers where the skins not so rough.

Back