Uh-oh, is this a case of aptasia?

Solarfall

Totally Gnar
So I'm sitting here on the computer and I turn around to flash a flashlight into the tank and find this.....
367.jpg

creature1.jpg

Is this a closed aptasia anemone?
It's weird that the only one I can find is on the only chunk of dry rock in the tank. As far as I can see there's none on the live rock, but I'm not tearing apart my aquascape until I know for sure.

looks like it to me. Hit it with some Aiptasia control or Aiptasia x Do it sooner then later. They spread like mad.

Yeah, at first it struck me as odd that I didn't see those long stringy tentacles that I've seen in pictures, but as soon as I lifted the chuck of rock I saw them flowing in the powerhead. UGH, this had to have come from the big chunk of bali I got the other day. It's like a big mass of cheese doodles so there could be tons in there that I can't get to.
Are the aipsasia meds something that I would just put in my whole system or do i have to kill the individual anemonies?

hit the ones you see when you see them also get 3 or 4 peppermint shrimp preferably from the Caribbean they will eat the little ones.

Thats considered a pest,but its not aiptasia.
Thats a majano anemone,which pepperments wont touch.

Well since it was just on barely seeded dry rock I took it out and poured boiling water on it. I couldn't find any more but like I said it came from a very pourous chunk of bali I bought, so I could definetly see more spring up at some point.

Is there anything I can do to prevent that though?

Back