Uh oh...

BiffsBallast.jpg

Those 2 white things are the transformers.

biff..probably is messed up anways and it can cause you serious problems in the near future..my advice is , put it in a garbage bag and throw it away..go buy a new one!!

Thanks Yote! I didn't find any thing melted or burned on the inside, and I think I got it put back together. It only took about 4 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like I didn't have enough to do already today. Right now the lights are running, with NO SMOKE. I'm going to stay home tonight to keep an eye on it. And I probably need to figure out a new place to put them where they won't be within reach of the stupid dogs.

Ouch !

Yeah Build a shelf a little higher than the dog In full hack, that should solve that problem.

Gotta love Dogs. I had to bury one of mine last night, she got out and got hit by a car, Sad night.

FIRE get out now. Take the gas and dynomite with you hurry.lol Good luck hope your house doesn't burn down. They just put all of those extra screws in there to keep the lepracons out.

I woulda been on here earlier to help but I had to cut light diffuser for the tank.I fed the fish earlier and a dispar and bartlett wanted to go flying.Can't believe they are alive and are doing okay.Work is not my fortay,my shoulder is hurting from sawing those dang things.

I would of been here for morale support as least.I've cut one diffuser for the middle of the tank(it took me all day).One down and two more to go.

how are the lights doing ?? no smoke or burning smell ??

why do women ALWAYS have left over screws and washers ?? dont say because you are smart enough to figure out a way to make it work without them either !!

Well, when I left for work this morning there wasn't any smoke or burning smell! We'll see what it looks like when I get home tonight!

Well, when I left for work this morning there wasn't any smoke or burning smell! We'll see what it looks like when I get home tonight!

If you see red flashing lights when you are coming home might as well just keep going to the nearest motel. HOuse is probably :mad!!: anyways.

Good job fixing your lights. Next time it happens, you will only take 2 hours to get it back together and only have 10 extra screws.

Brian

Haha! Two screws and a 2x4 is all you need for a simple shelf.

I don't know if I'd put a bunch of ballasts on a shelf like that, but at least it would be out of canine spray-range.

These ballasts are so heavy I can barely lift them. It is not me who will be building these shelves! I'll need to enlist the help of someone slightly more handy.

Back