uhhh whats fluorescent orange in my tank?

lilduud

Reefing newb
haha i have no idea what this is and it was not there last night.... theres also a little asterina star crawling away from it.. haha just a detail...

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 756
not really its super tiny and my lense is jammed :frustrat: its just a few tiny little dots like miniscule hah

mine that i have is coraline alage it is bright orange. i have never seen that happen were it kills off the purple alage

If your only seeing it when the actinics are on,then its just a type of coralline that has that orange glow. I've got some growing in the back of my tank where it gets less light.

hmm well before i left last night there was a littler spot of orange and what appeared to be small white and grey trailing behind where some red coralline used to be... ill have to check today when i return... but i could see it with the daytimes on as well.

I have florescent orange coralline in my tank but it only grows in the darkness and after being exposed to light it eventually fades. Stones buried in the sand have it and a hermit that I confined to a dark, unlit back chamber of my biocube was covered with it. Scientists have discovered some types of coralline growing at depths of 600 feet where there is little or no light.

hah yea that piece went away but theres another spot i found thats the size of my pinky nail and its darker orange but its shaded as well.

Back