UltraLife Red Slime Remover

I've used it before. It worked but then it came back stronger and even worse. Which is whats happened to others that I know also. I'd go with the lights out period and water changes. I literally just had a small corner start getting some so I did a 3 day lights out period and viola! it'd gone.

I used it and regretted it big time. I was traveling a lot for work at the time and my old 55g got some build up and instead of doing a good cleaning on the tank and performing some significant water changes I tried this stuff. Got rid of the red slime but messed with the oxygen content of my water so badly that one of my seahorses developed gas bubble disease. 75$ for a vet visit later to get some diamox and a week or so in a hospital tank little Stevie was fine but I learned an important lesson.

Address the problem that is causing the problem. You can then suck up the slime in a water change.

ty seams like my proplems gone away on its own ever since i got more hermits i got blue red and reff hermits idk why but seams like they just help to pick it off

I've tried it and it worked fine but I also took measures to get nitrates down before it had a chance to come back strong.

My 55 is starting to turn an ugly red colour too. So water changes & lights out should cure it? I never had it until I took everything out and scrubbed all the green algae off everything. (even the snails & hermit crabs) My pH is a little high but everything else looks good. I was thinking about getting some of that stuff too to get rid of it, but I think everyone just changed my mind.

Back