unhappy red/orange mushroom

tgditz

Reefing newb
I have had this poor little mushroom for 2 weeks, cannot seem to make him happy, have tried lower light, food, any suggestions? I also have found a kind of 3 point starfish for the lack of other idea, it is only about 1/8 inch, too small to get a pic,not sure if I should get rid of it?

Attachments

• 100_2038.jpg
    100_2038.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 438
As for the mushroom, put him in a low light area and let him be. Give him time to adjust to his new tank. They are near bullet proof and unless something in your water is way off, should make a come back.

What are your water parameters? This will help identify anything that might be going wrong.

tested water last night, calcium 500, KH 179,Phosphates .25-.50, nitrates 20. Time for a water change tomorrow, anything you can add to help, he is still not doing any better, all other corals are doing well.

I used to have asterina but the instant I saw one I would pick it out with tweezers -day and night. I would hunt them at night with a flashlight since they come out then. Eventually I completely eliminated them and it wasn't that much trouble.

I used to have asterina but the instant I saw one I would pick it out with tweezers -day and night. I would hunt them at night with a flashlight since they come out then. Eventually I completely eliminated them and it wasn't that much trouble.

I thought so too and went almost 6 months without seeing any then I found 2-3 in about a months time. They are virus!

PS I have super clean water in my reef and all of my rics are shriveling up and almost gone. I have 1 small guy left that will also be gone soon. however have some metallic blue/green shrooms that are doing great :S

My theory is that shrooms like dirtier water.

Back