Unhealthy Polyps?

MartyT1

Reefing newb
20150316_171554.jpg
Hello all, Trying to find some assistance on my softies. I have had them about 4 months now and they have been great. I did however replace my white light bulb and it seems that every since some if not MOST of my polyps have stopped fully opening. The tank seems very healthy and everything else has been great with 0 loss of life since I restarted the tank 7 or 8 months ago.The polyps are not closed but their tentacles are not out, and this concerns me as I believe this is how they feed. I don't want them to starve.. This is my first colony of corals and would love to continue with more but I want this fixed before I get more..

It is probably just a matter of getting acclimated to your new (which is brighter) light. Give them some time to adjust but if they continue not extending I would either shorten your photo period or provide a little shade to them until they get adjusted.

Is this possible even after 3 or 4 weeks of them being like this?? I moved them down to the bottom of the tank and it doesn't seem to help.. Thanx again for the input,, It sounds like a need to get some shelf rock for shade

Back